Bacon wrapped chicken meatballs
Bacon, lets just start with that!
I am a huge fan of heavy appetizers and when you add bacon to meatballs you cant go wrong!
Lets take a closer look at this recipe that can be a meal by adding a salad or just a party treat!
- 1 pound of ground chicken
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 lb of thick cut bacon (cut in half)
- 4-5 tablespoons of Caribeque Honey Heat Rub
- 1 teaspoon of salt (optional)
- Preheat grill /oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix ground chicken, eggs, parmesan cheese, Caribeque Honey Heat, salt, in a large bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Form ground chicken mix into 2-inch meatballs.
- Wrap half a bacon slice around a meatball; turn the meatball around 45 degrees and wrap a second half-slice of bacon around the meatball so the meat is enclosed by bacon.
- ( I skewer them to move them around on the grill. )
- Repeat, forming meatballs and wrapping each one in 2 half-slices of bacon.
- Sprinkle more Caribeque honey heat on top before grilling
- ( If baking )Place wrapped meatballs onto the prepared baking sheet with seam sides down.
- Grill / Bake until meatballs are no longer pink inside and bacon is crisp, about 45 minutes.
- An instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the center of a meatball should read at least 160 degrees F
- Serve alone or with a salad and enjoy!