Cast iron whole roasted chicken
If you haven't made a whole roasted chicken well now is the time!
Let's add a little twist and do it all on cast iron!
- 1 4-6 pound whole chicken ( roaster preferably )
- Caribeque Chicken Rub
- Caribeque Island Thyme
- Olive oil
- Cast iron skillet
- Red potatoes, Red onions, Carrots ( all options or use your favorite )
- Preheat your grill smoker or oven to 400 degrees F indirect
- Rinse your chicken and pat dry. ( If you leave in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours to overnight this will help make the skin crispy )
- Brush your chicken with olive oil and generously apply the Caribeque chicken rub to the outside and in the cavity.
- Cube up the veggies of your choice, toss in olive oil and apply Caribeque Island Thyme and place in the bottom of the cast iron skillet
- Place your chicken on top of the potatoes and veggies
- Cook for an hour and 15 minutes OR until the breast temps out at 165-170 degrees F.
- Lets rest 10 minutes and enjoy!!