Easy Smoked Prime Rib
The holidays are upon and it’s time to get your prime rib game on! Here is an easy herb encrusted prime rib recipe that’s amazingly delicious.
- 1 8-10 pound prime rib roast the bones cut off and tied back on
- Olive Oil
- 4-6 tablespoons of Caribeque AP Rub (depends on the size of your prime rib)
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary
- 4 cloves of garlic diced fine almost to a paste
- Preheat your grill/smoker to 225 degrees
- Combine Caribeque AP rub, garlic, chopped thyme and chopped rosemary in a bowl and mix it all together with a spoon to create your "rub mixture".
- Coat your entire rib roast with olive oil and apply the rub mixture heavily to your prime rib.
- Place roast on grill and cook until the internal temperature reaches 125 degrees F.
- Remember these temps for your meat temp choice 130 for rare, 135 for medium-rare, 140 for medium.
- Pull roast off the grill and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
Slice serve and enjoy