Grilled Beer Brats with peppers and onions
- 1 pack of your favorite bratwursts
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 whole sweet onion
- 1-2 beers of your choice
- Caribeque Pork Rub
- Caribeque Island Thyme
- 1/2 stick of butter
- Cut peppers and onions (lengthwise).
- Combine peppers, onions (without beer and sausage) in a large bowl with 1 tablespoon of Caribeque Island Thyme and mix ingredients together
- Put in large plastic bag and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Poke holes in brats with a fork and put in a disposable foil pan with beer and 3 tablespoons of Caribeque Pork Rub in the refrigerator overnight (make sure beer covers all brats).
- Place beer and brats in foil pan (cover with aluminum foil) and place on grill.
- Cook until the beer has been heated up for 10-15 min and remove from grill
- Place a large Cast iron skillet on the grill and your 1/2 stick of butter and sautee the peppers and onions
- Remove the brats from the beer and place directly on the grill to cook, get a nice char on them.
- Now combine the cooked brats with the peppers and onions in the cast iron skillet.
- You may eat plain or place on a nice toasted hoagie roll.