Low Carb Lasagna
Who doesn't love lasagna, but the carbs get us everytime!
Check out this amazing recipe from Bob Blanchard Instagram @bobsbackyardbbq
Ingredients for the noodles
• 2 large eggs
• 4 oz cream cheese, softened
• 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
• 1 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
• 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
• 1/4 tsp garlic powder
• 1/4 tsp onion powder
FOR THE FILLING:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups Three Cheese Marinara Sauce
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 tbsp whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp minced onion ﬂakes
- 2 tsp Caribeque Island Thyme Herb seasoning
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE “NOODLES”:
- This part will take the longest, so feel free to make the “noodles” the night before and just leave them in the fridge until you are ready for them.
- Preheat oven to 375° Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together cream cheese and eggs.
- Next, add Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in mozzarella cheese and mix until well incorporated.
- Spread the mixture into the baking dish, forming a nice even layer.
- Bake on the middle rack for 20-25 minutes.
- When the “noodles” are done baking, cool in the fridge for about 20 minutes and then cut into thirds.
This makes three perfectly sized “noodle” layers for an 8.5 X 4.5 X 2.5 loaf pan. FOR THE FILLING:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine ground beef, minced onion, oregano, garlic powder, Caribeque Island Thyme seasoning and a pinch of salt. Cook until the meat is browned.
- Drain excess fat from pan and add 1 cup marinara sauce to meat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER:
- Pour ¼ cup marinara sauce into the bottom of loaf pan. Top with the ﬁrst “noodle” layer
- Layer a third of the ground beef mixture. Top with ¼ cup mozzarella cheese and 3 tbsp ricotta cheese, and cover with another “noodle” layer. Repeat these steps.
- Cover the top “noodle” layer with remaining ground beef and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle Italian seasoning over top. Bake for 20 minutes.
NOTES Per Serving – Calories: 486 | Fat: 34g | Protein: 57g | Net Carbs: 9.5g