Mojo chicken wings ( Grilled or Baked )
Living in Florida we have a very heavy Cuban influence!
Let's take these wings to the islands by marinating in mojo and spices then grilled or baked to perfection!
- 2 pounds chicken wings (tips removed; drumettes and flats separated)
- 1 bottle of store-bought mojo marinade
- Caribeque chicken rub
- Caribeque Smack Sauce
- Season the chicken wings with Caribeque chicken rub
In a bowl, add chicken wings, mojo marinade and place in the fridge for at least 5 hours (or overnight, the longer the better)
Remove chicken from fridge and bring to room temperature.
Preheat grill, smoker or oven to 375 degrees F.
- Save left over mojo in a container. Add 1 more tablespoon of chicken rub to baste wings.
( IF BAKING ) Lay the chicken wings on a lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake the chicken wings for 40-45 minutes or chicken wings are cooked through. Flip once and baste with mojo ( Internal temp of 170-175 degrees F )
- ( IF GRILLING ) Place your wings indirect and cook for 40-45 minutes flipping once and basting with mojo. Internal temp 170- 175 degrees F ( I like mine crispy )
Serve hot with Caribeque Smack Sauce