Mojo marinated Cornish game hens
I am a huge fan of Cuban cooking especially the flavor of mojo!
Mojo applies to any sauce that is made with garlic, olive oil or pork lard, and a citrus juice, traditionally bitter orange juice.
You can use mojo marinade many ways but today we are making mojo marinated cornish game hens
- 4 cornish game hens
- Brine ( See this recipe )
- 2 bottles of premade Mojo ( easier and perfect )
- Caribeque AP rub ( used in brine )
- Rinse the cornish game hens under cold running water, inside and out.
- Get at least a 2-3 gallon container to brine your hens ( Brine Recipe )
- Remove the brined hens and place in a bowl with 2 bottles of mojo and let marinate for at least 2-3 hours ( the longer the better )
- Set up your grill/smoker for 350 degrees F indirect
- Cook the hens for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the juices run clear and the internal temperature of the thigh, is 165F.
- Transfer the hens to a platter or plates and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a salad or your favorite side and enjoy