Prime Rib Frittata
Every year I make prime rib and we have so much left over. Well this year I decided to make a hearty prime rib frittata
- 5-6 eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 7 ounces diced prime rib
- 1/2 large onion, peeled and diced ( I use 1/2 red 1/2 white )
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons AP Rub
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese or cheese of your choice
- Preheat oven/ grill or smoker to 450 F.
- Take your leftover prime rib and roughly chop it into 1/4 inch pieces
- Take your cast iron skillet, add 2 tablespoons of butter then add diced onion and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until it's slightly translucent.
- In a glass mixing bowl, thoroughly beat the eggs until nice and frothy. Add the whipping cream and stir until combined also adding the AP Rub
- While the egg mixture is still frothy, pour it into the skillet, and sprinkle the prime rib in as well. Give everything a stir to distribute the ingredients evenly.
- Turn the heat under the skillet back on to about medium and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until the egg begins to set.
- Add the grated cheese, sprinkling it evenly across the top, and then transfer the skillet to the oven.
- Bake/grill or smoke for about 20-25minutes or until the eggs are fully cooked.
- Slice and serve