Reverse Seared Hickory Smoked Tri-Tip
Everyone loves a good cut of beef.
If you're from outside of Santa Maria, California, you may not have heard of tri-tip.
Tri-tip steak is a versatile beef cut for grilling, broiling, and skillet-cooking. It is lean, tender, full of flavor, and a real bargain!
Check out this simple recipe from our culinary partner Brad Woods!
- 2 pounds tri-tip
- 4 to 6 tablespoons Caribeque Beef Rub
- Rub Tri-tip on all sides using Caribeque Beef Rub.
- Place in fridge to rest while preparing your grill/smoker.
- Set up grill/smoker for indirect cooking.
- Allow grill/smoker to preheat to 225°F.
- Add hickory chucks and place Tri-tip over indirect heat.
- Smoke until internal temperature reaches 125°F.
- Allow the Tri-tip to rest about 10 minutes while the coals are getting hot with the grill cover removed.
- Sear the Tri-tip on each side until it reaches 130 internal temperature.
- Remove from grill,slice thin against the grain and enjoy.