Salmon with a touch of smoke!
Salmon is a versatile protein that will accept a lot of flavor.
really enjoy making salmon on my pellet smoker! It is quick, easy and delicious!
Recipe credit to Danny Radditz @ConstantCarnivore
- 1/2 slab of salmon
- 1 lemon (4 rounds cut and zest from the other half)
- 1/2 shallot minced
- 1 tablespoon fine chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- Caribeque Island Thyme seasoning
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- Preheat your smoker to 325 I like to use a fruit wood mix for salmon apple and cherry
- Wash and pat dry your salmon
- Rub oil onto the meat
- Sprinkle a dusting of rub over the oil
- Over the thickest part of your slab spread your shallot, dill and lemon zest
- Put slice of butter over the shallot mixture and top with lemon rounds
- Place your salmon on a double folded sheet of tin foil for easy clean up
- Put the salmon on the smoker and watch the meat to become flaky when you break it up with a fork (cook times will vary depending on thickness of your slab)
- Remove the salmon once it starts to flake and slide a spatula under the meat between the skin, place it on a serving tray and eat
Please let me know what you think after giving this recipe a try in the comments!