Slow cooker chuck roast with potatoes and carrots
It’s fall time, let’s make a hearty slow cooker meal for the entire family!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 3-4 pound chuck roast
- Caribeque Big and Beef Rub
- Caribeque Island Thyme Seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 packet brown gravy mix
- 1 .5 cups beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 pounds small red or dutch yellow potatoes
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley for garnish
Season the chuck roast with Caribeque Beef Rub on all sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and brown your roast on all sides for about 3 minutes per side.
Remove the roast from the pan and transfer it to a slow cooker.
- Add the garlic, gravy mix, beef broth, and Worcestershire sauce to the skillet and cook together including all the nice pot roast on the bottom.
Pour the broth mixture over the top. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, until the meat is tender and falls apart easily.
At the four-hour mark add the potatoes and carrots to the slower cooker around the roast. This will keep them from getting fall apart mushy.
Remove the roast and vegetables from the slow cooker.
Shred the roast or cut it into chunks, then serve the meat and vegetables hot with the drippings over mashed potatoes and enjoy!.