Smoked Bacon Double Cheeseburger
We have all had grilled burgers and flat top griddle burgers, let me introduce you to the Caribeque smoked bacon cheeseburger!
Ingredients ( Serves 2 huge 1/2 pound burgers )
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 pound ground bacon or finely chopped bacon
- 2 slices of your favorite cheese ( I like cheddar )
- 2 hamburger buns
- 2-3 tablespoons of Caribeque Big and Bold Beef Rub
- Caribeque Smack Sauce
- Combine your ground beef, ground bacon and 2-3 tablespoons of Caribeque Big and Bold Beef Rub
- Preheat your grill ( Indirect ) or smoker to 225 degrees F.
- Shape the meat mixture into (2) 1/2 pound patties
- Now smoke the burgers, generally this takes 60 to 90 minutes or until an internal temperature of your choice
- 130-135 degrees for medium rare | 140-145 for medium
- Top with cheese close smoker and let the cheese melt
- Remove your burgers, toast the buns, spread on some Caribeque Smack Sauce and assemble with your favorite toppings!