The Cuban Burger
I love a good Cuban sandwich and I love burgers!
SO let us combine the two...
We will be using the base recipe from our Burger 101 recipe and add the Cuban ingredients.
- Caribeque Big and Bold Beef
- 4 sliced of deli roast pork
- Divide the meat into 4 equal portions (about 6 ounces each).
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of Caribeque Big and Bold Beef
- Form each portion loosely into a 3/4-inch-thick burger and make a deep depression in the center with your thumb to prevent puffing up during cooking.
- Season both sides of each burger with Caribeque Big and Bold Beef
- Throw patties in fridge or freezer to firm up
- Heat a gas grill to high or heat coals in a charcoal grill until they glow bright orange and ash over.
- Brush oil over each side of your burgers
- Grill the burgers 3 -4 minutes per side for medium-rare or until cooked to your preference
- Take your ham and roast pork and get them slightly heated on the grill
- Now add the Swiss cheese to your burger top with the warm sliced ham and roast pork. Then top with your pickles and mustard!
- If you want the true Cuban experience you can also press this burger, I like it just the way it is!