Whiskey/Espresso marinated skirt steak
I know you are thinking Whiskey and Coffee?
Yup, its a thing!
Check out this simple recipe for the base of any meal, tacos, fajitas burritos or a huge salad.
- 2 lbs of flank steaks, 1/2-inch thick
- 4-5 tablespoons Caribeque Big and Bold beef
- 1/2 cup of leftover coffee or espresso
- 1⁄4 cup of your favorite whiskey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Score the flank steak with a sharp knife, about 1/8-inch deep, in a diamond pattern; set aside.
- Rub steaks down with olive oil and add 2-3table spoons of your Caribeque Big Bold Beef Rub
- Combine coffee, whiskey and 1-2 tablespoons of Caribeque Big and Bold Beef
- Place steak in a zipper-type plastic freezer bag. Pour mixture into the bag
- Set out at room temperature for 1 hour before cooking. Remove steak from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Grill, using charcoal or gas grill. Cook over high heat 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Remove and let rest in a tray and loosely cover with foil.
Slice serve and enjoy!!
- IMPORTANT: Slice the steak by cutting against the grain into 1/4-inch thick slices.